I am a Queensland Plasterer and have been asked to supply a Form 16 for some acoustic work I have recently completed and wanted to know if I need to.

No. A Form 16 is used to certify the likes of passive fire installations, external balustrading, etc. where the QBCC licence class requires the certifier complete the form. These forms are completed as a declaration and confirmation that the public safety requirements are stringently adhered to.

Sometimes the Head Contractor is concerned that the Plastering Contractor may not have correctly installed the product, for example acoustic systems, in accordance with the manufacturer’s specification. To allay that concern, the Plastering Contractor could provide a simple certificate of completion on their company letterhead or on a Form 16 renamed to a “Certificate of Completion”. This certificate would list the manufacturer’s specifications and the Plastering Contractor would sign off that the work was done in accordance with them.


No Very

Captcha Image

AWCI Membership

The Association of Wall and Ceiling Industries of Australia & New Zealand Inc. is a grouping of Building Industry organisations, including contractors, tradesmen, trainees, manufacturers and suppliers, established to represent the interests of members and their customers for ceiling, wall and lining sheeting systems and related products.

Become a member of the AWCI Join Us